Get the Care and Healing You Need at New Mexico’s Largest Residential Program for Women & Children
Women are statistically less likely to seek help for substance use disorder due to barriers like stigma, childcare needs and financial challenges. Our Women and Children’s Short-term Residential Program is designed to help remove those barriers by providing women the opportunity to bring their children up to six years old with them into treatment. Women who are pregnant are also able to receive treatment at Santa Fe Recovery Center.
In a safe and supportive environment, you will focus solely on your recovery while learning skills to build self-esteem, self-worth and value in an open and honest atmosphere. Our program also provides support around healthy childhood attachment and bonding.
While in treatment, you can expect:
- Addiction and mental health counseling providing an individualized treatment plan with goals, objectives, relapse prevention and interventions including trigger-identification, coping skills and stress reduction.
- Weekly individual therapy
- Experiential activities that support long-term sobriety including evidenced based SUD therapy, mindfulness, acupuncture, fitness, yoga and art therapy.
- Case management to help you find resources for critical needs like housing, employment and benefits.
- A discharge plan with community referrals, connections and relapse prevention strategies.
We have an on-staff a physician who specializes in addiction treatment and detoxification for pregnant and postpartum women and a mental health specialist who provides therapeutic services to the children living with their mothers in our residential treatment facility. These services increase each child’s overall well-being and early childhood development and enables mothers to fully participate in the substance use disorder treatment program.
Women who complete our short-term residential program can apply to continue on to the extended residential treatment program.
Call 505-471-4985 to speak with an intake specialist in Santa Fe.